Do you want to offer your students increased opportunities to develop communication skills?
For those who are interested in improving their skills of communication, this training stream offers an opportunity to work on identifying strategies for successful communication with peers, leaders, and the wider community. Developing communication skills enhances employability, project management, leadership capacity and positive relationships generally.
Public Speaking Skills, Communication Skills, Conflict Resolution Skills, Teamwork skills, Facilitation Skills, Leadership Development, Advocacy Skills
Communication and Teamwork
Human interaction is at the heart of this training, which aims to demonstrate that effective communication is fundamental to managing work processes successfully in order to achieve goals.
- Understanding the essentials of great communication
- Understanding team roles
- Developing team building competencies
- Communication for building networks
- Identifying key partners when building effective teams
- Communication for effective project management
Helping students gain confidence in delivering key messages is at the core of this training, helping young people understand the importance of creating clear, streamlined messages whilst also picking up on some key tips to public speaking which is sure to result in a standing ovation.
- How to increase confidence
- Strategies to overcome nervousness
- How to streamline your message
- Understanding your audience
- Public speaking toolkit
- State management
Having an appreciation of the role of the facilitator is critical to a team’s success. This training introduces additional skills and concepts around leadership and communication to provide insights that will enhance the individual’s effectiveness whilst working as part of a team, particularly teams who are seeking to create impact through events.
- Facilitation, leadership and teamwork
- Understanding goals and how to achieve them
- How to motivate and engage individuals, groups and communities
- The theory of change
“Skills like communication, teamwork and resilience are vital life skills for young people and deserve far greater recognition and promotion. Research shows that soft skills are worth £88bn to the UK economy.”
National Youth Agency
Get in touch today to see how Unloc Training can help your school or college.