|Job Title||Head of the Unloc Student Voice Academy||Line Manager||Managing Director|
|Job Type||Full-Time||Time Period||1 year|
|Hours Per Week||40||Rate Per Annum||£23,000-25,000|
|Application Deadline||9AM, Monday 19th June 2017|
|Start Date||August 2017|
Passionate about young people and ensuring their voices are heard? Are you creative and driven?
Join an exciting, new, fast-paced and growing social enterprise as the Head of the Unloc Student Voice Academy. Our agile team, based at our central HQ within Portsmouth College, are passionate about young people and empowering them to make a difference in their communities. We pride ourselves on being innovative, embracing new technology and ensuring that we have young people at the heart of everything we do. The Unloc Student Voice Academy is a strand of the social enterprise that focuses on bringing together young people from every school council in a geographic area (such as Portsmouth and Gosport) to enable them to discuss and tackle key issues that are important to them, mostly related to their education. These forums should empower the representatives from each school to enact change and inspire others within their school councils to do the same. In addition to our standard forum models, you will be tasked with coordinating and facilitating other Student Voice related programmes. The Head of The Unloc Student Voice Academy will be responsible for organising, facilitating and overseeing all of the delivery element of the Student Voice Academy’s work as well helping the team to develop this really exciting and inspiration youth-voice programme. The role will be supported by an administration and logistics post to support the Head of the Unloc Student Voice Academy with the complexities of organising multifaceted events such as student forum summits.
- To coordinate and deliver all Unloc Student Voice Academy work.
- Organise and facilitate 9 inspiring student summits across the academic year – this could be more depending on demand. These summits are whole-day events which are youth-led with over 50 young people attending. This includes liaising with multiple schools per event, including Primary and Secondary schools.
- Organise and facilitate 3 exciting young people’s’ celebration and sharing-of-good-practice events – this could be more depending on demand. These are whole-day events and often include over 80 students. This includes liaising with multiple schools per event.
- Work with mentors to support young people’s action groups which arise out of the student summits.
- With support from the rest of the Unloc team, provide support and opportunities for young people you work with where possible.
- Work with the Unloc Directors to involve more schools in Student Forums where a forum already exists and bring in new student voice related contracts.
- To deliver Unloc’s training and workshop packages if and when needed.
- Delivering Unloc training and workshop packages to young people across the South East. Training on how to deliver these workshops is provided.
What we offer:
- A fun, driven and passionate team
- A fixed term post with the view to extending the contract
- Technology including a MacBook to make your working life easier
- Growth: we invest in individuals and are a hugely ambitious organisation
- A flexible approach to working life
- Collective decision making: be a part of taking Unloc to the next level
- The opportunity to work with amazing young people
Head of the Unloc Student Voice Academy: Person Specification
Essential: GCSE Maths and English at grade A*-C (or equivalent).
Essential: A-Levels at grade A*-C (or equivalent).
Desirable: Level 3 ICT qualification.
Desirable: A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject (or equivalent industry experience).
Experience and Knowledge
Essential: Previous work with young people.
Essential: Previous experience of youth engagement and empowerment.
Desirable: Previous knowledge of the youth sector across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
Abilities and Skills
Essential: High level writing skills.
Essential: Ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
Essential: Ability to manage a budget.
Essential: Ability to work as part of a team.
Essential: Ability to work independently.
Desirable: High level of skill when using Google Apps For Work.
Desirable: Ability to write press releases.
Desirable: Ability to use Twitter and Facebook.
Essential: Willingness to undertake staff training and development as required.
Desirable: Car driver with clean UK driving licence.